48 hours later


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Benaulim
January 31st 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Benaulim- GoaBenaulim- GoaBenaulim- Goa

Rob doing the washing- see it to believe it!
Sorry for the rather brief last entry. We made the mistake of going to use the internet in a shop the size of a small cupboard- 3 Indian staff sat within 2 feet watching the screen over our shoulders!
Varanassi was lovely though, and we were big and brave and managed to find the right train from the right platform. We set off for the peacefull city of Mumbai at 11:30am on the 29th and arrived at 2 in the afternoon on the 30th. We then had about 6 hours to enjoy the city which we spent most of touring the coffee shops. Mumbai has a beach in the district of Chowpatty that was ok, but slightly spoilt by the water being toxic. The skyline of Mumbai's sprawling skyscrapers was impressive though! We then had to catch the 11:30pm train to Goa which arrived at 11am the next day (today!!!). Needless to say we were hot, sweaty and dirty by this point but succeeded in finding a cheap, pleasant hotel with internet and close to the beach, what more could you want?

Key points:
Rob was ecstatic with his pizza experience in Mumbai.

Temperatures in Goa average about 35 celsius at the moment, reaching 45 by end of Feb.

After locking our bags under the seat on the train to Mumbai, we discovered a botched repair job on the underside of the seat that left us with glue all over our bags. Rob had an outer cover though (Thanks Mum!!!).

We hope you are all well and will be writing again soon.

Byeeeeeeeeee!! x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

Happy hour cocktails on the beach
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Sporting a very burnt arm.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb