Moped Madness


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Agonda
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello there.
After leaving Benaulim in the early hours we were very braveand caught the bus to our next destination..........
We have been at Agonda beach (still in the Goa region but the very south) now for 2 days. Its much more quiet that Benaulim and we are very pleased with our efforts. To the left there are someexciting rocks in the sea that we plan to swim out to sometime if Rob decides that he in no longer scared of the deep water. We have also seen dolphins playing just less than 200m offshore. We have rented a beach cottage (actually a shed by the sea) for the week til saturday when we will head further north. It must be mentioned that we have been trying lots of fishy dishes and that Katie is very excited about her birthday tomorrow. Today we defied all common sense and decided to rent a moped for the day. Neither of us have any experience in riding them and were a little worried. We paid the man his Rs 550 (8 pounds) and zoomed away to the surroundings. Inland and along the coast was beautiful. We visited an abandoned portuguese fprt to the north and watched a catholic ceremony going on inside the walls. Although we both had a go at driving the moped it would be fair to say that Katie was a little less confident and so retired to backseat driver in the afternoon. For lunch we drove out to a small fishing village to buy some samosas which we ate inside our mosquito net when we got back to our shed. As we write this, 'Mollie' our moped is sat ouside waiting for us. This afternoon we visited Palolem, a much busier and thoroughly less pleasent beach to the south. It did however enable us to buy Katie a nice skirt for her birthday. Turns out the standard female dress code is a lot more relaxed in Goa and her trousers are very hot!!!
Tomorrow is Katies birthday and so we will be chilling by the beach all day and having some nice drinks in the evening (it is worth noting that Rob has not had a beer now for 4 days as we are saving up for tomorrow).
We hope you are all well and that your were not bothered too much by the snow, we have good internet here so will be sending some emails out some time this week.
Lots of love to you all!!!
x x x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th February 2009

Sounds really tough guys!! lol When Paul hired us a moped in Thailand he made me wear a bin liner to keep the rain off and made me eat Pot Noodles even though we stayed at the Sheraton. haha Hope you had a fab birthday Katie. Boiling hot down here in NZ and we have dolphins too. Can wait to see you both! Keep having fun. XX

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb