Butlins Indian Stylee


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
February 18th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello there!

Since Agonda and our moped fun, we took a bus to Panaji, the capital of Goa and stayed in a hovel for 2 nights. We had to share a room with the biggest cockroach in S.E Asia which took great delght in waiting on the toilet to say goodnight to Katie (but for 350Rs we were happy). Panaji used to be occupied by the Portuguese and is by far the cleanest and prettiest town we have visited, with cottages and alley ways similar to those in Portugal and Spain. After nice long walks round the town we took a 'relaxing' cruise along the Mandovi river on Valentines day. As we stepped aboard we noticed disco lights, a dance floor and a man with a microphone attempting to drag unsuspecting couples onto the stage. Katie however refused, announcing to the poor man that we were not in fact a couple in a desperate effort to avoid being shown up by Robs dancing prowess. The Indians however, decided to throw themselves onto the floor with great gusto and a certain amount of beery courage. All very entertaining.
The next day we dossed around the city and had a meal in the evening with a Columbian girl that we met on the train from Varanassi. After a few days in the city we confidently took a bus from Panaji to Arambol beach which is where we are now. It is pleasant enough and Rob Had a fantastic steak for his birthday as well as a few beers but we are looking forward to heading back to Mubai for a few days before our flight to Singapore. We are currently staying in a bamboo beach hut with a large black rat that lives in the ceiling. He likes to say good morning to Katie by waving his tail at her.
Just a quick one this time, we will probs write agin in Mubai.
Lots of love to you all!

x x x x x x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb