HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
December 26th 2009
Published: December 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Happy christmas folks! Christmas eve was when we finally got a bit excited abou christmas, a few fireworks were going off on the beach and a few Indian kids and clearly Australian tourists had on christmas hats!
We went to meet our friends Wendy, Ami, kate and danny at their local hangout to join them for christmas drinks and boy were they having christmas drinks indeed! they had started at 12 noon so were pretty jolly and stoned, so with a bit of convincing we managed to get one of the staff of the bar to fit 6 of us in a tiny tiny car and drive down to the surf club, down a mad bumpy road listening to goan political hindu reggae! All the floors of the club were mosaic and it had no walls just a roof and then the drinks weren't brought with money but with tokens that you buy, the owners are english and didn't trust the staff with money!
The music started as loud live american classics so a bit of line dancing commenced, it then slowly faded into house music.It was quite good though, we all had a great big boogy appart from kate who went to sleep in the corner! We had tinsel in our hair too, to make us feel christmassy!
Met a boy from bristol tonight which made me rather giddy with joy! such a massive but small world!
Party went on til about 1/2 which is amazing for Goa as now aday everything is off by 10/11 unless the police don't find the party or the party holder pays a big enough baksheesh to the police men..(50,00 ruppees were payed to let this one go on, that's about 600 quid which is ALOT out here).
We all went back to kate and amis aparment after finding and waking up kate and stayed up drinking honey bee which is a strange banana smelling brandy type liquor until the early hours of christmas.
Christmas day didn't happen til about 1pm for us and sleep was needed. We had a lovely christmas lunch on the beach consisting of a french stick, some laughing cow, a slice of the most horrioble conjealed cheese cake you will ever taste( but with a really cute sugar icing santa on!), crisps and last but not least strepsils from all the smoking we joined in on last night!
Had a nap after the meal in the name of crimbo tradition and then a quick swim to wake us up.
The evening meal was faaaaabulloous! we had a massive fish bbq'd on the beach for us and some creamy pasta dish, some chocolate milkshakes, tea and chips! trying to make it as cristmassy as possible. Bed time came quickly and early for us after so much food and massive hangovers. It was so strange being sat on a beach in the sunshine eating and watching the dogs play with the waves and cows trot passed, but we loved it too, just wish all our family and friends could have been here to share it or that we could of flown home for just two days and then come back to paradise!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



6th January 2010

cheesecake ummmmmmmmm even congelied is sexy!!!xxx

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb