Holy cows!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
March 1st 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So been here a couple of days now and getting the hang of things ( I think!) Booked into a different guest house yesterday which is a bit closer to things. Quite nice, haven't seen any cats yet. Plenty of dogs and cows roaming the beach. Overheard a conversation on the beach yesterday, local girl chatting to a tourist was horrified that she would eat a cow! The food here is really nice, you certainly wouldn't starve. I would say it's a vegetarians paradise, but in saying that you don't have to go very far for a Domino s Pizza! Also caught a glimpse of something the guide books warn about,: the groups of Indian men who come on holiday to Goa just to ogle at the western women in bikinis! It's quite funny actually as it's so obvious. A group yesterday took it in turns to be photographed in front of these Russian women sunbathing and then spotted a blonde haired, blue eyed 4 year old, and all had their picture taken holding him. Poor boy must have wondered what the hell was going on!
Was thinking last night about heading a club here called Paradiso, it had been recommended to me , but after being propositioned by a guy in the restaurant I decided that it was probably the local cattle market so decided to give it a miss! So getting a bit bored here, only so much sitting on the beach you can do! So heading down to Calangute tomorrow. Doesn't sound like my kind of place either ( Goas' answer to Ibiza) but I can take a couple of tours from there then plan to hire a scooter and do some of my own touring.

In response to the comment about heading to Palolem, I had intended to spend my last week there as I had heard it was really nice and more relaxed but may go a bit earlier.

So hope all is well...big hugs to everyone...more soon...xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb