Bodhgaya...wow


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Bihar » Bodh Gaya
November 23rd 2007
Published: December 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

If you are ever going to come to India, go to Bodhgaya. If you weren't thinking of going to India, go, and go to Bodhgaya.
All our experiences are unique i guess, but after 5 days of being near the descendant of the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha (or Sakyamuni Buddha) attained enlightenment, and about half of each day meditating right next to it, something inside me has just popped, a doorway in my heart, the inner sanctum of the body temple, opened up and flooded my whole being with the most incredible light and love.
Sure, the town is a bit like the wild west, sure the beggars and scavenging kids are like seagulls on an unattended packet of chips on the beach, sure there's more tourist bling and hawkers than ants on that pot you left out over night when you went camping, but this place has a vibe.
We (Dan, Melanie and I) could all feel it when we came near the temple. At first it was just good to hang out with, but on the last day, something just popped.
I came back to Varanasi with people going 'wow! What happened to you?'. It was like being hooked up to the main grid after living my life as a battery toy... more a feeling of the possibilities and potential for consciousness having been fully awakened as i come off the high.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb