Karmapa Sound System


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Bihar » Bodh Gaya
November 18th 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

India Adventure


Well, really thought i should just damn well start something and get it out to the world, it's been itching the back of my head for ages now...

So I've just got myself a gig helping out with the sound for the Karmapa (Tibetan Lama, no 2 after the Dalai) in a stunning temple nearby where he's going to be giving a dharma talk. He's in fact in residence for a couple of months.

As i was meditatively soaking up the ambience, vibes and artwork in the temple with my friend Deki, there was a monk struggling with the sound system, there was a crazy buzz going on, gain cranked to the max and i was a fearing he was going to try ripping my ear drums apart at some point in the not too distant future... i just had to go and give him a hand. After a good hour or so, we had it sorted, only a small hum and we had the Karmapa Sound System down. He gave me a picture of the Karmapa and fed me one of the hottest meals i've ever eaten - not to self: double check to see if green beans are actually chillies.

They have no idea about amplification in the subcontinent. I'll get to how the mangle gorgeous music in Varanasi at some other point. At the end he was.. "you come back tomorrow?" Tomorrow he gives his first Dharma talk. Luckily i've got one more day here. Should be fun, he's meant to be an inspiring speaker, and his picture has a great vibe.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb