Details


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andaman & Nicobar Islands » Port Blair
February 20th 2010
Published: February 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

islandislandisland

location: flat bay
I thought i should specify some details about my place before placing my next entry.
The bad news is : There is no electricity.
The good news, is as follows:
Fresh water and sea water are in abundance.
The sound of the sea beneath you at night is extraordinary. Due to high algae content the sea is almost ablaze with sea sparkle (phosphorescence) at night. And the stars particularly like to hover right above my house.
The house currently has a maximum capacity of six people as there are only two toilets in it. There is a gas stove with basic utensils and two large rooms along with two balconies.
Your mode of travel to and from the island will be a small row boat - locally known as haalis dongi. There are bikes for hire which can be used to get to and from the market place. We are distanced at 6km from the airport.
Activities we offer at a fee:
The farm boys can teach you to row and catch fish. But please keep in mind, despite having taught you they will not permit you to go on your own unescorted. The row boat will not be used at night unless previously agreed upon with me in writing.
The Island is a fully organic spice farm, so, you can also take a fully guided tour of the farm and learn about spices and organic farming.
Kayaking in certified sea kayaks is offered for the water lover and in these one can even take a tour of Viper Island, just 1.5km North of us. Night kayaking is not encouraged. Life jackets, supplied by us, are a necessity.
The land is surrounded by protective mangroves and the waters around the land are extremely calm and sheltered. It is also shallow and safe in certain areas. For those who are new at the sport of kayaking, I offer a basic beginner's session before setting you off.
See you here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb