Reporting LIVE from the election headquarters in the Andaman Islands, India!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andaman & Nicobar Islands » Havelock Island
November 5th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Breaking news! Barack Obama is the next president of the United States of America!



Namaste and welcome to the election headquarters here in the beautiful Andaman Islands of India. Our team consists of Scott, chief political analyst, George, chief technical correspondent, and Sharon, director of chai and chapattis.

We've all been here since 5am this sunny morning to watch the results as they come in, thanks to Nafita for opening up the internet cafe, ah hem, I mean "office", early for us. We had a few difficulties at first trying to get one slow computer to play the Nashville radio coverage of the election while the other struggled to load up the CNN and Yahoo! web pages simultaneously, but our chief technical correspondent, George, managed to get everything up and running. Two hours in, just as we thought they would call the state of Ohio, disaster struck - the ubiquitous power cut! It was a great excuse to take a chai and chapatti break before returning to headquarters.

After five long nail-biting hours the opinion polls were in for the west coast and it was all over - Obama was declared America's first black president - hoorah!
The election team: George, Sharon, and ScottThe election team: George, Sharon, and ScottThe election team: George, Sharon, and Scott

Do you like the Obama T-Shirt George is wearing? I'll make more - just send in a cheque for $10...
What a historic moment.

We'd like to end by congratulating both McCain and Obama on their fabulous election-day speeches, and say "good bye" until the next time.

Yes we can!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th November 2008

He made it!!
We just knew you'd be watching the proceedings somehow as you were both so fired up when you were here with usrecently. I even found myself turning on the TV at some early hour of the morning to catch the result! Glad it was the result you wanted. Mum xx
9th November 2008

Whew!
Thank God! I'm glad you have such good taste in leadership.
9th November 2008

a WORLDWIDE ELECTION
Your election center proves this was a worldwide election. Yes we did! Dad
12th November 2008

good memories
They declared Ohio at 6:18 CA time and I knew it was over. Reminds me of the old days riding my bike to work on election day and Tom (Dad?) waving his signs on the overpass at Russel and 113.
14th November 2008

REPLY to "good memories"
Ha ha, I can just imagine Tom doing that!!! Very funny!
17th November 2008

is that wifebeater?
i'd like to place an order for 20 Andaman and Nicobar Obama '08 tees - is that possible? amazing entry. amazing morning. amazing president. thank you america!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb