Day Trip to Macau (Day 2)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 25th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn't have any breakfast and rushed to ferry terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) to board a ferry to Macau. The main thing to note is that there are 2 destinations in Macau that we can choose from: Taipa or Mainland. Taipa is the one near Airport and Venetian, Grand Hyatt, Hard Rock hotel. Similarly, there are 2 departure points from HK: Kowloon (i.e. TST) and Central. we chose Mainland.

Once reaching there, we took public bus to Senado Square. We were greeted with Chinese New Year Decoration. We also bought some floss snacks at a store nearby the square. From the square, we walked further in to reach a church. Then we continued our journey on foot to St. Paul ruins. At the market near St. Paul, we filled our empty stomach with yongtaufoo-kind of street food (see picture). The food is boiled soup previously used to boil pig organs. I know it sounds scary, but surprisingly it tasted very good! I highly recommend everyone to try it. It's quite spicy btw.

From St. Paul, we walked to nearby attractions such as Macau Museum and Na Cha Temple. Then we walked back to Senado Square to have lunch-cum-dinner at a French restaurant, of which name I can't recall already. After meal, we took bus to Ah Ma Temple. Spent around half an hour there before taking bus to Grand Lisboa hotel. We explored Lisboa, Wynn and MGM casinos before taking bus to ferry terminal. At ferry terminal, we took venetian hotel shuttle bus to the hotel. We made quite a fast go-through the hotel because we are rushing to get back to HK to eat dinner. We got chance to stop by Hard Rock souvenir shop at Grand Hyatt hotel though.

Fast forwarding, we took shuttle bus back to ferry terminal and took ferry back to HK. We chose to stop at Central because we wanted to eat at Maxim restaurant around that area. Unfortunately it was closed when we reached there. Disappointed and tired, we went back hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb