Hong Kong Redemption Trip (Day 0)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 23rd 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In Singapore slang, you can call me "kiasu". My flight is going to be at 4.30pm, so I figured I can still work half day, thus I only need to consume half day leave, instead of 1 day leave. So I work til 1pm, went back home, had lunch, did last minute packing and took a cab to Changi Airport, Budget Terminal.

I'm taking Tiger Airways flight to Hong Kong. Again?? Yes! This is a redemption trip due to unfinished and unsatisfied trip from the previous trip in 2010. During the previous trip: I didn't manage to eat local delicacies, I didn't buy anything from local market and Disneyland, I didn't see the riverside promenade, I didn't get to enter casino in Macau. So my travel partner (Steph) travelled earlier than me (1pm flight). We're gonna meet at the hostel.

It was my first time at Budget Terminal, I was amazed that there is not special room for each gate. Each gate has only a desk with a computer, manned by 2 or 3 staffs. After queuing and passing the desk, we went out of the building and walked to the airplane. It's really budget, huh. In Terminal 1 and 2, there is always a walkway into a plane.

There I took the 4-hour long flight. After reaching the Hong Kong Airport, we had to take a train to arrival area. After immigration, I took some brochures/maps of the city, bought octopus card from Airport Express counter, went to Bus Terminal, took A21 bus to Chungking Mansion, our hostel. There I meet my travel partner.

Shortly afterwards, we went out to buy my dinner at McD. They had this "Chicken Wings Platter" which consists of fried chicken wings, barbecued chicken wings, and honey lemon fried chicken wings. Then we returned to hostel, bathed, and slept soundly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb