Angkor Wat, Bangkok and Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
September 26th 2009
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dear Fiends and Family

I must have taken over 500 photos of Angkor Wat so hopefully you get to see some of the best attached. I managed 3 days at the temples including multiple sunrises and sunsets. The best part of the trip so far. SOme of the time, there was not a single person around. I could explore most of the site with only jungle noises to disturb the peace (and Dad, of course). Some of the photos included show the main temple at Angkor Wat (most well known), the Banyon (with dozens of huge faces looking down at you) and Ta Phrom (which has been left in an overgrown state, similar to how the original western explorers found it). I highly recommend getting to some of the more remote tamples that are also overgrown and hidden from the main tourist routes, if any of you make it to Cambodia.

We had an interesting trip from Siem Reap in Cambodia to Bangkok, Thailand. There are lots of scams across this border and our promised AC bus ride led to 3 buses, multiple stops and much concern. However, we made it to Bangkok and chose our own hostel. We stayed near Khau Sun Rd, the backpackers mecca of Thailand. Very touristy but still fun times to be had. We explored to the Grad Palace, caught a ferry up and down the river and explored multiple sitting and standing Buddhas.

We caught a plane to Hong Kong for a brief visit. We took in some culture at the local museums and took Peak Tram up to Victoria Peak. More fantastic sunsets, but this time framed by the cityscape of Hong Kong. It's strange to go from ruins to skyscrapers in just a couple days. We have had a fantastic trip and looking forward to being back home in Canada. I might even see some of you before you can read this.

Cheers, Richard


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb