Dad and Richard in Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
September 17th 2009
Published: September 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friends and Family.

My Dad and I are currently in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We had a great time bicyling round in Hoi An, Vietnam. We were out in the countryside around rice paddies and remote buddist temples, then came to the beach and some fishing villages. We ended up catching a plane to Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) as it was only $20 more than the 20 hour bus ride. We also bumped in to some friends that had been partying with us in Hoi An the night before. We went for an evening tour of the city and celebrated our friend Mayte's birthday.

WHile our friends went motorcycling to the Cu Chi Tunnels, we decided to catch a bus to Cauh Doc on the border of Vietnam and Cambodia. This meant that we could catch a fabulous ferry ride up to Phnom Penh up a branch of the Mekong River. A much cooler and breezy ride. We explored Phnom Penh the next day and saw the Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda. We spent the next morning serching for the Indochina Starfish Foundation school that was a friend of Dad's charity organisation. At late we found it and recieved a great tour from Kate, the school principal. We left some Canadian gifts with her for the children. We had a fantastic meal at the Foreign Correspondence Club, which let us in even though we had left our media passes behind. We also toured around many a market.

We our catching the morning bus to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers, Richard


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



20th September 2009

Nice shots and a great update
Thanks Richard for the update. Enjoy your travels! Alex

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb