Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Hong Kong after nearly four months in India was a shock, but in a good way. The city seemed so clean, organized and quiet. The train from the airport to the city centre was fast and efficient and buying our tickets was so easy.

We were staying with our old next-door neighbors from London, Ali and Caz, who had a flat opposite the Conrad hotel. When we entered their flat we were shocked to be staying in such a beautiful apartment in the heart of Hong Kong, with constant hot water and a working shower. Throughout our stay the thrill of turning on the shower and getting hot water never got old.

Tracy dragged me off to Disney Land Hong Kong. It was OK. I got to ride on Space Mountain and the tea cup ride but mostly Tracy ran around in childish glee while I followed. It was a long day.

Ali and Caz had three lovely dogs and after gorging ourselves on Dim Sim we walked the dogs up to the peak over looking central Hong Kong. The dogs had a great time running around and meeting other dogs and we got to enjoy the impressive view. That evening we took a sampan over the other side of the harbour and enjoyed a sea food meal on one of the islands along with vast amounts of alcohol.

Our last full day in Hong Kong was spent recovering from a very boozy night out, but we did manage to get out to the nightly light show, where the cities skyscrapers light up in different patterns. I also forced myself down to Wan Chai computer centre to buy an external hard drive, but my killer hangover prevented me from getting a decent look at all the laptops, computers and electronic gizmos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dim SumDim Sum
Dim Sum

10 plates of assorted food, Hmmm assorted food!


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb