Hong Kong whaaaat?


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 8th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LunchLunchLunch

Air Canada serves up its finest slop!
Touch Down!
After a very long flight which included 6 movies and lots of sitcoms and no sleep, we have arrived in Hong Kong. I feel pretty good for having not really moved much. Of course we were fed and water frequently and talked to a really nice couple from British Columbia that were going to Asia for their umpteenth million time. Candace got a migraine and was sick the whole way. I think she is having a good time right now. She has slept, if you can call it that for the majority of the time and has not eaten much more than ice to stay hydrated. She always seems to get those bloody headaches when she can not get away to chill out in a dark quiet room.
I hope she starts to feel better.
The airport is huge. We're whisked away on moving sidewalks and have probably covered 4 city blocks before we arrive at our departure gate. All around us, there is evidence of the up and coming Summer Olympics in Beijing. Anime surrounds us. Perhaps we'll stop here and explore more than just the airport the next time we come back.
We go through security and
Long ways downLong ways downLong ways down

Thank God for moving sidewalks
customs and face some of the most dour faced people I have ever met. Everyone is glaring. Communism is alive and well and we even see some red star soldiers standing around.
While Candace uses the washroom, I go over to an electronics store and window shop. Talk about having anything and everything a techie would want. I'm sure that most of the stuff for sale there has not even made North America's radar yet.
Candace drags me out of the store and we head to the Thai Airlines counter. They are flying us into Bangkok from Hong Kong. I've heard mixed reviews about them. Some people say the service is great but the planes are old and others say that everything is poor. I just want to land and have my luggage show up as well.
We crammed ourselves into a very full 747 and no sooner had the wheels retracted then the attendants came around handing out warm towels. This was followed by a drink, then a hot meal, followed by an aperitif and then some noodles or a sandwich or both if you looked hungry. I guess I looked hungry cause the attendant gave me both and
Hong Kong AirportHong Kong AirportHong Kong Airport

The Olympics are coming
then brought me another drink as well.
The flight seems to "fly" by and we watched the lights of bankgog grow brighter as we flew in.
Candace still looked quite pale and her head was still pounding. I wonder how she will take craziness of Bangkok!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Thai AirlinesThai Airlines
Thai Airlines

We're almost there
Another mealAnother meal
Another meal

They fed us 4 times between Hong Kong and Bangkok!
FlowersFlowers
Flowers

Thai Airlines welcomed us to Thailand with a beautiful flower


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb