Hong Kong - Day 1 & 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
June 25th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 & 2 - Hong Kong
Well I’ve finally got some time to sit down and get some things on my blog. Our first day was pretty much spent on airplanes. 2 hours to Vancouver BC with a few hours layover then 14 hours to Hong Kong. As we began our landing into Hong Kong we have a screen we can watch to check the altitude, weather, etc. So we were about 500 feet up and it was 78 degrees, as soon as we landed it was 81 degrees. A little too warm for me at 4:30am. Yes, AM. We soon cruised through the city in an air conditioned taxi to our hotel in Kawloon, a city across the harbor from Hong Kong. We took a quick nap and hit the city. There are skyscrapers for miles and most are apartments. People, taxis and buses are everywhere. We went to the Hong Kong Museum of Art to see Ming vases and ancient forms of calligraphy. It was actually pretty interesting.
In the evening, there is a laser light show on the harbor. All the skyscrapers on both sides of the river are lit up with neon lights as they coordinate
Hong Kong at NightHong Kong at NightHong Kong at Night

This is taken from Kowloon across the harbor from Hong Kong.
with music. It’s pretty spectacular to see. River boats cruise by are lit up also. Pretty cool…
We spent the next day wondering the parks and shopping. The malls here go on for miles. Literally. Every store you can think of and every kind of purse and shoes you could possibly want. The only problem is they are very expensive. Window shopping works for me. We headed back to the airport to pick up Amanda and Jessie and headed out to HoChiMinh City, Vietnam formally known as Saigon.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Laser Light Show Laser Light Show
Laser Light Show

This was part of the laser light show on the harbor in Hong Kong.
The Mall ExperienceThe Mall Experience
The Mall Experience

One the the many malls that go on for miles.
Kowloon ApartmentsKowloon Apartments
Kowloon Apartments

This is one of many apartment skyscrapers that line the harbor across from Hong Kong. They are awesome to see.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb