Hong Kong (Nov/Dec 2007)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 5th 2008
Published: January 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in HK after a long journey from China and met my lovely friend Dominic who lives in HK and was letting us stay in his spare flat for the week. Wow, the flat was perfect and mostr definitely the most luxurious place we were going to stay in the whole year! We were on the 29th floor and the views over HK were so cool, the window was right next to the bed so we could see all the bright lights & buildings as we laid in bed.

The first thing we did was buy oursleves a camera each!! Having been the one to break the first camera, have the second one stolen.... I think Chris wanted her own one. Plus we don't need to fight about who has the camera now....

Coming from China, HK seemed so easy... it was much less crazy, the roads especially!

The skyline was amazing and we went up the peak tram at night which was so cool!

We spent a day in Lantau climbing up the huge buddha and going to the monastery.

We went on the star ferry which is the best value thing to do - so cheap and so much fun!

We met up with 2 lovely girls we met in China and had a big night out. We went to the area where there are lots of ex-pats and met some who bought lots of champagne and vodka jellies. I still have the remainder of the vodka jelly on my shoes where I was being far too greedy and put too much in my mouth and spat it out!

We had a lovely dim sum meal out with Dominic and it was really good to catch up with him.

On our last day we decided to go to Macau so being such organised girls we went to the ferry port the day before so we knew where it was and didn't waste time on the day finding it. We also purchased our tickets before to save time. We were only spending one day there so we were keen to start early on the 8.30 ferry. We felt so proud of ourselves and arrived at the ferry port with plenty of time. As we started going through check in (actually passport control) Chris noticed everyone holding passports. What had started so well..... we tried to get our money back but the guy explained most people know to bring passports to enter another country. So we sped back to the flat to get our passports...

We didn't get to Macau till 2.00 and we didn't end up at Coloane island until 4 which gave us about an hour on the island before we had to leave to make the 6.30 ferry. The island was lovely and the bay was gorgeous. We spent our time at Fernando's - a portugese restaurant. The food was so so good, fish, cheeses, bread, salad and wine! And we even had time to stop off for Macau's famous egg tarts on the way back... actually no, we missed our ferry..... but hey it was an expensive Portugese meal but very tasty and all worth it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Coloane islandColoane island
Coloane island

We were there for just long enough to take a pic!


9th January 2008

Ha at forgetting your passports. That's a quality travel story. Wish I was still doing this trip......
9th January 2008

Happy new year!!
Hey guys, can't believe you actually did stay with Dominic. Bless him! He's so lovely. Hope you had a lovely christmas and new year. I bet it was very different. You need to update the blog more! Stay safe and have fun, lots of love, Laura xx
10th January 2008

Hey girls
hope you had a great new year in Thailand ,keep up with the blogs i look forward to them. much love us xxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb