Lazy beach life begins in Ko Phi Phi (Dec 2007)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 5th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So me, Chris, Omri and Kenny arrived to Ko Phi Phi and it was absolutely stuinning, a real paradies island. We could hardly believe that the tsunami had hit it, but there were tons of photos in all the restaurants and bars showing the restoration process and all the people who helped, and signs showing evacuation routes.

We found the cheapest place we could find called the gypsy village - no one else seemed to know it... funny that.... it was nice and peaceful though!

I had developed a gum infection in Bangkok so it was quite a painful week.... but I coped and drunk through the pain (I had checked with the doctor that I could drink - first question I asked!).

We spent a week there lazing and lazing about. This was our first taste of the beach life in Thailand and it suited us!!

The island was dead busy and touristy but really beautiful and the sea was perfect. It tended to rain from mid afternoon so it was quite hard to catch the sun (hence the pale skin) if we had a late night....

Most nights we went to Hippie's bar where we danced on the beach and drank our buckets.... samsong, red bull and coke (possibly the worst hangovers!).

We did rise early one morning though... for a boat trip where we went to Mayer beach (where the beach was filmed) and this was the most perfect beach with the most perfect white sand. We visited monkey island (Mum you would have loved it!) where wild monkeys were everywhere eating bananas and drinking out of cans. They were so cute and tame. We did lots of snorkelling and swimming and saw lots of pretty fish. Me and Omri went snorkelling to the area that our guide had told us there were sharks (Omri's idea!) and soon found ourselves in trouble.... not with the sharks but with the current. It took akk our might and snorkelling time to get out of the current!

We also spent some of our nights at the raggae bar watching Thai boxing. The Thai professionals were amazing and the drunken tourists fighting each other were amazing to watch too but in a different way.....

We had a beautiful evening when we walked up the viewpoint on our last night (we had been trying to do it all week but never seemed to have enough energy after our hectic days lying on the beach). We watched the sunset up the top where we had a view of the whole island.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb