'Whirlwind' tour of Hong Kong!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
August 10th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 12 hours of flying, 7 hours of films, 4 documentaries, 8 meals and quite a few hours of sleep between us, landing in Hong Kong (even in the middle of a typhoon) came as a relief!!
We ventured into wind and rain to meet Bruce Lee - One of the celebrities on the ‘walk of the stars’ water front in Kawloon Bay and enjoyed our first misty view of the Hong Kong sky line.

We then took a 12p ferry across to the main city (an island) and travelled up the longest escalator in the world up to Soho for lunch. Everyone walked around on futuristic escalators and elevated walkways across the city..just like in the science fiction films!
An authentic afternoon in Hong Kong included the Manmo temple where the incense smelt a lot nicer than the sickly dried fish and birds nest soup markets downtown!

Eleanor was particularly excited to meet her school friend Yeeman, who has moved back to Hong Kong and now works on the 32nd floor of the tallest skyscraper there! (The IFC building.)
We spent the evening with Yee and she took us to a Korean fast food restaurant and to see the spectacular light show at night where all the building are lit up and there is a laser light display!

Rachel, Eleanor and Yee went for late night shopping and snacks in the neon-lit back streets of Hong Kong while mum and dad enjoyed the spectacular views from their fancy hotel window!

- A fantastic 24 hours!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

El and Yee!El and Yee!
El and Yee!

My old school friend who lives in HOng Kong who took us out and about! Great day!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb