Day 32/33 - Paris/London/Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Sha Tin
February 24th 2012
Published: February 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we left the hotel in Paris to get to the airport after a very cruisy morning which is something that we hadn't been able to have for a while. We were nice and relaxed until we reached the train station to head to the airport where everything turned to shit, people everywhere, couldn't buy tickets and then missed the first and second trains which was a major issue as they only went every 30 minutes. Eventually we said enough was enough and into a taxi and I think that's the end of catching trains with luggage!

We had to fly back through London and endure a seven hour stop over before our flight to Hong Kong, we were dreading this as we weren't sure whether we could leave the airport or not however the our day started to improve as we were granted leave and had some time to kill back in London. We weren't sure how to spend our free time and eventually decided on going back to the restaurant where we had dinner with Rick and Mahla at a place called The Folly's where we both loved the food. We'd done enough walking and shopping so we just wanted to go somewhere that we were familiar with and get a good meal before the plane ride.

Back to the airport and managed to get rid of the English pound we had left with some duty free shopping and then boarded the flight from Heathrow to Hong Kong which was to take about 12 hours. It was by far the smoothest trip we've had so far and the plane wasn't too packed so we were able to spread out a little and relax. Lauren was able to get a good sleep whereas I struggle to get comfortable enough to sleep so I watched a few movies, for the record if you haven't seen The Inbetweeners movie, make sure you do, it was hilarious.

Arrived in Hong Kong and finally some warmer weather with the temperature a sizzling 20 degrees. We've reached the hotel and it is really nice with some good restaurants and bars. Another room upgrade and it is massive, plus it's also good to get some television that speaks English again after Paris.

Three days in Hong Kong and tomorrow we're catching the train across the border to China where we will be doing some shopping in Shenzhen. When it comes to shopping, Lauren has proven that she is like a champion boxer, when she looks tired and beaten, she gets up dusts herself off and goes again and again, you have to admire her dedication to finding shoes and tops!

I think I'm going to like Hong Kong, the weather is a nice break from what we've been used to and we've aimed to use these last few days as a way to slow down a little from the last few stops and make sure that when we come home we're not totally buggered. Looking forward to seeing everyone and boring you all with our thousands of photos.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb