Honkers!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Sha Tin
September 17th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong

We stopped over for 1 night in Hong Kong - My Uncle lives there so we had the pleasure of staying with him and him being our tour guide (Bonus) Thank you Uncle Gary ! He picked us up from the airport in Hong Kong and then we went back to his apartment in Sha Tin (or thereabouts) and had a shower to freshen up - it was 33 in Hong Kong so very hot and humid. We then jumped on the Bus and headed into central Hong Kong. Spent a bit of time sight seeing and getting excited over seeing Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci hmmmm. It took me a while to realise we actually were on a double decker bus by this stage and it was quite funny as Hong Kong also have double decker trams haha (stay tuned for pics) we then headed to the ferry and caught it across Vic Harbour - the view and the freshness of the water was so nice. We went and had dinner at a restaurant on the harbour and watched the light show from the towers it was pretty with all the different coloured lights. Lots of food and wine later we headed back via the city and went to bed as had to get up at 6,30 am for flight. Uncle Gary dropped us off and headed to work - he was the best tour guide ever! At the airport I spent loads of money haha got some chanel makeup and lots of other makeup and tried loads of perfume - hmm note to self, must not spend to much money in my first day! We stopped at a cafe and had the best short black ever - i soooo needed coffee! Jumped on Finnair and headed off to Helsinki. We Helsinki about 1600 Helsinki time and spent a few hours there chaning and eating Finnish chocolate mmm then jumped on another plane to Norway. This is where Johns father was waiting very excited to pick us up. We did some more duty free shopping then headed to get luggage - Johns luggage was on the belt but mine was nowhere to be seen. So by this stage Sammy was very tired and crumpy and all that i could think of was, where is my straightner, where are my clothes where is mu luggage! John was saying be patient be patient - then a message came up on the screen all luggage from our flight was on the belt ...no it wasnt as mine wasnt there grrrr. We decided to walk off and see someone for assistance where on the way we found my bag on the belt from an incoming flight from Amsterdam - no idea why but i dont care as got my luggage. We met up with Johns dad and went to the Summer house - by this time it was bed time!

Advertisement



18th September 2008

Yay
You made it. How weird is it to be finally meeting Johns parents? Sounds like you're having fun with lots of eating yummy stuff and shopping - you'll so be broke by the time you get home :) Miss you already :)
19th September 2008

Tropical Cyclone Samantha
Hi Sam and John, glad you had a great time in Honkers. By the way the security guard rekons he hasn't laughed so much since his mother in law had a coughing fit and lost her false teeth down the toilet! Have a great time in Europe and see you soon

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb