Sleep...need sleep!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Sha Tin
August 10th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Busy weekend covering the horses in the dressage. The early morning (6am) starts were livened up with the addition of a couple of protests during Saturday's first day of equestrian action.
First, a girl was thrown out for attempting to unveil a Tibetan flag but having her dress removed, accidentally, in the process.
Secondly, rather unfairly, some protesters chose to voice their views when a decent young fella raised in Britain but representing China came out for his dressage. I can see where protesters are coming from but, as with anything, there is a time and a place and when a teenage lad is making his debut for his country, its unfair to spoil that for him no matter how gallant your initial motives may be.
After starting at 6am on Saturday I didn't get finished until midnight due to the event being split into two sections to avoid the oppressive midday heat. Great for the horses but not great for yours truly as I didn't get back to the hotel until 12:30am and then it was back to work again at 5am on Sunday. Happy days!
Despite being tired, Sunday was a smooth affair, finished for the day at 11am so, after a cheeky afternoon nap, was all good by the evening ready for the final day that I'll have to wake early during the Olympics for the cross-country, which starts at 8am on Monday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb