A Tale of 2 Cities - HK & Macau


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
May 8th 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 ~ I wasn’t a Disney fan until I visited HK Disneyland! (Part 1)



The Dream comes to Fragrant Harbour (Hong Kong)

I visited HK Disneyland with some hesitation and little expectation of the place after reading hoards of negative reports prior to our trip. After all, the resort had hogged the headlines time and again for the wrong reasons since it first opened its doors 8 months ago.

On the opening day on 12 September 2005, one may recount Lydia’s aka Shen Dianxia’s daughter’s futile attempt as a “Snow White” only to be backfired as “horrible”, “terrible” and “a big shock to the kids”.

The Park’s gates came down after it was filled to the maximum capacity during Lunar New Year 2006. A few tried to climb through the gates after denied entry despite having an admission ticket on hand. Long waiting times for the rides and shows were reported during peak periods and many swear never to step foot again into the Park.

The mini HK Disneyland paled in comparison with her Tokyo, Paris and USA cousins. However, many had discounted that it charges the lowest entry fees (S$60) and only the 1st Phase of the resort has been opened to the public (4 more phases to go)

With all these negative feedbacks as well as lots of discouragement from many friends, 5 of us made our uncertain journey to Disneyland located at the eastern seaboard of Lantau Island on 8th May 2006.

The MTR journey from our lodge to Disneyland took a mere 25 minutes and yes the Disney connecting train at Sunny Bay Station was a pleasant surprise. The disneytrain was filled with eager kids and smilely adults in a cheerful atmosphere.

No doubt cameras started flickering as everybody was trying to capture a snapshot of the train.

And yes, my first impression of HK Disneyland was a pleasant one as we approached the Park's Entrance after 9.30am 😊



(End of Part 1)





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb