week 4!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
March 23rd 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

office loveoffice loveoffice love

naomi, myself and dan in the office - day before icnderella dress run.
Hello! WOW! i have been in Hong Kong for a month! cant even begin to think where the time has gone. The last week has been pretty crazy - missed the weekend and finally now on tuesday i have a day off to relax a bit so i thought i would update my life a little...as much as i can remember anyway!



monday began pretty crazily as it was the day before our dress rehearal for cinderella. usually a dress rehearsal is close to the date of the performance but we wouldnt be seeing hitomi (who plays cinderella) again until sunday...the day of the show! so rehearsing like crazy peopel all day - although from some of the pictures i have of that day we went a bit nuts! 😊 bowler hats, hoola hoops and the blues brothers! all good! also it wa naomi's birthdy so once we had done a few runs of the show we bailed and headed to TST to knutsford terrace to some crazy russian bar to celebrate...it was a really nice evneing but everyone was so tired and so hungover from the weekedn that it was quite subdued - which in a way
star ferry cossingstar ferry cossingstar ferry cossing

star ferry crossing from Tsim Sha Tsui to central
was a good thing as it meant we could get some proper rest before the dress rehearsal the next day!


tuesday - argh! dress rehearsal! altough not much to do until ciaran and hitomi turned up we just ran through our own parts. costumes turned up as well so we put all those on and made decisions on things that worked and didnt work - for example i had a cape...this looked shite - so it went! dave (my boss) came in to watch the dress which went surprisingly well to be honest we pretty much remembered all our lines and just kid of bumbled through it - but dave seemed really happy with it. it seems to be in a eally good place and i think in a few months when we've ad-libbed the crap out of it and found all the funny bits it will be the best show. you havent lived until you've seen all the single ladies performed by the guys in this show! hilarous! so after we got through the dress had a pretty chilled evening and slept earrrly.


wednesday was st paddy's day....hmmm. armed with a promise that i wasnt going to drink on this most hallowed of occasions i went of to TKO and performed aladdin - really fun as usual - small funny part - just get to have a lot of fun on stage with ciaran. got home quite early - hurrah! - i had plans to meet up with hannah fox - the sister of a girl i know from home so i headed to wan chai about 9pm. they were going to be late so i headed to rock school and had a few beer with some mates that were partying in there - did some embaressing irish dancing which got on camera and also won an impromptu limbo competition - always good. headed back down to delayney's to meet hannah and all the people she was wiht - loads of teachers - and everyone was well friendly - so hopefully with catch up with those guys soon - lamma (island thats really close) parties in the summer coming up!
thursday - mulan


friday was due to be a long one - well enjoyed performing robin hood today - love that show! however ciaran couldnt get to rehearsals after the show so the
my first bedroom in HKmy first bedroom in HKmy first bedroom in HK

prince edward serviced partment
day ended there. being very poor until i get paid i had a very easy friday night which i loved!!


woke up about midday on saturday - woop woop!! put my laundry in - went to prince edward to check out of my old serviced apartment and then met up with the lads to play football! cup match!! wow it seems so long ago - but started well - played really well apart from missing a ****ing open goal!! haha! was really good fun. went home to shower and then popped out ot wan chai and mets up with the lads in the white stag for some post game drinks! turned into quite a few post game drinks which made me a little bit late getting to the birhthday i was attending that night - luckily it was just across the road in another bar in wan chai. had some more beers there but very sensibly called it an early night (well home before 1am is early isnt it!??) before cinderella VERY early the next morning...


sunday woke up atrociously early for a sunday and got on a ferry from central to discovery bay. this was
IFCIFCIFC

this is NOT a small building....
an awesome trip - loved standing on the top deck looking out at the hong kong skyline. however a lot of pollution meant it wasnt too clear. was only a 25 minute ferry ride to DB - was a beautiful place. very different to the urban area of hong kong. more of a resort style place - was sitting on a beach looking out at perctly calm jade waters of the bay waiting for ther others to arrive -was so peaceful - really happy with my life! when the others turned up we headed to the hall and did a quick line run outside before heading in to set up the stage. once set up we did a full dress rehearsal which went....badly....or rather...worse than badly! a lot went wrong anyway.

we ran it through again doing a speed run and the moment we finished that the audience came in - i want too nervous back stage - we had confidence in the show - a lot could still go wrong though!

we went out large and it all paid off! me and ciaran ad libbed some really funy stuff that we really want to work on and make bigger! the songs were well received - a lot of laughs and even bringing like 7 kids up on stage with me didnt go wrong! haha. was generally aweosme! had lunch nd headed out to do it again. was even better the second time. i was witness to one of the funniest things i have ever seen on stage. ciaran has to sing "its not unusual" ....he forgot the words...he managed to make up two lines that rhymed...and then lost the ability to use really words...it was all i could do to keep from corpsing on stage. finihing the scene and coming off stage we collapsed totally - absoutley brilliant! :D haha!

finishing the shows and packing up me and dan met a woman who lives on DB who we met a few nights before. we had food and drinksright next to the bay while it got dark and caught the half 9 ferry home. was such a nice evneing just relaxing.



bed early before work again monday!

will update about monday soon - knackered at the moment.



love to everyone! hope life is all good!

love and peace xxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb