Day 21 - Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 2nd 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we stayed in Central Hong Kong so we caught the MTR from Yau Ma Tei. For some unknown reason Pepsi decided to leave his suit back at the last hotel and was sad the whole day (don't worry we went back later in the day to collect it)........ Today we also did a lot of walking around the streets and Hong Kong is a really good city. It would be good working here if they paid me enough of course!!

After we grabbed a traditional Asian meal at McDonalds we headed off to Victoria Peak. The ride up on the tram was spectacular and it was so steep I felt like I was on a rollercoaster at a theme park. We had a great view of Hong Kong from the top (see pics). They also had a wax museum here so we had a look at that on the way back down. I got to chill out with Barrack Obama, Brangelina and a few other stars. On the way back McDonalds was full so we ate roast duck and roast pork at a small restuarant. The entire menu was in Chinese so we had to point to the food to order.

The trains here are so packed in peak hour, it reminds me of Japan. I think we rode the train 4 times today thanks to Pepsi leaving his suit behind. We were almost tempted to go to Disneyland but there was not enough time left.

Tonight we might go out for a couple of quiet drinks and check out the town. We need to have an early night as we have to get up super early tomorrow. Somehow we need to find our way to Shenzen to catch our flight to Beijing. Hopefully the rooms in China will be a bit bigger as there was more human tetris trying to get around our hotel room.

I am too tired to write much more so will keep it short.......

We are coming into the last leg of the trip. In a bit over a week I will be back at work 😞

Ripoff Tally - 12



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd November 2009

Yeah, Hong Kong is great. I liked it too.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb