A very abbreviated day


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 14th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at about 0700 UK time - 1500 Chinese time. I could see cloud below with peaks sticking out - probably ove western Tibet or similar. Strangely, there's no snow ont he tops - even in November. The cloud cleared after a while, but it was too hazy to see any land details. Finally we flew over Macau and through hazy sunset islands into Hong Kong.

Immigration and customs passed by quickly, then took the Airport Express into the Cebtral area and then the bus to the hotel. It's built on top of a shopping mall, which could be anywhere in the UK, with most of the same brands - I went for a walk down below to loosen myself up. You can keep walking through connected malls for ages, and it was obvious that late night shopping was the in thing to do. It was fully air-conditioned inside, but as soon as you stepped outside (0once you could actually find a way out) it was warm and humid.

I returned to the hotel for dinner (too much Chinese food - bad for the diet) and I'll try and go to bed to beat the jet lag.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb