Happy 12th Birthday Noah, Good bye Hong Kong!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is Noah's 12th Birthday! Not sure too many teenage American boys can say they celebrated their 12th birthday in Hong Kong! We have had a busy three days. On Saturday we travelled out to Lantau Island to see the Buddha. We took a skyrail up the hill (about 20 minutes up) to a village (tourist haven) where the biggest Buddha in the world stands (or sits). It was quite a sight. There were many Chinese visitors and a few westerners. We also visited the local monastery. I'm thinking we could use more of the buddhist philopshy in our travels! Yesterday we took a tram to the "Peak", to view the city from up high. It really gave us a better perspective of the city, an amazing sight. Again, another tourist haven. Today we took it easy and went to the Jade market and tried to barter for a few pieces of jade (I'm sure we got ripped off....Noah is much too generous!) and then to the nearby Space Museum (it was inside and much cooler...Grace cannot take too much more of the heat and humidity). Our 4 days here in Hong Kong have been more than we expected. We really feel like we have experienced alittle bit of China. Catonese is spoken everywhere. The food has been excellent! The people have been extremely kind. People, noise, pollution and consumption is everywhere and we have had enough! Four days was plenty in Hong Kong and now we are ready to move on to Italy. We are ready to board our Cathy Pacific midnight flight to Rome. Hannah is ready to lose a tooth...does the tooth fairy deliver on airplane flights? Chao!

Advertisement



4th June 2007

Happy Birthday
Happy 12th Birthday to Noah! Love, The Hageman Family

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb