Shek-O Beach.


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
August 24th 2019
Published: August 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Back to work next week so I decided to head down to Hong Kong for a few days and hit the beach. I stayed in HK Hostel in Causeway Bay which isn't a bad place to stay. The dorm was 10 bed mixed but it was very spacious unlike some hostels in Hong Kong which have rooms like shoeboxes. Also its a great location right next to the Wellcome supermarket and the MTR station.

Shek-O beach is so easy to get to, just a few stops up the island line from Causeway Bay and then jump on Bus no.9 to Shek-O. Stay on the bus until it terminates then just walk straight ahead for 100 metres and there is the beautiful beach. The beach has great aminities, toilets, changing areas, showers, lifeguards and ladies hiring umbrellas and deckchairs. An umbrella and deckchair cost, HK$ 100.

The beach was almost empty in the morning when I arrived around 10am. The beach started to fill up around 2pm and by 3pm it was getting very busy.

Amazing to think this tranquil idylic little beach is just a half an hour bus ride from the chaos of Hong Kong city.

In the evenings I strolled around and found hardly any damage from the disturbances which have been making headline news. in some streets the street furniture, railings and barriers, had been removed and replaced with tape and in some of the underpasses there were many posters and post-it-notes. I didn't see or hear of any protests while I was staying there.

Enjoy the Photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb