11th of October:)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
March 27th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was 11:50am when we both woke up, guess we slept in, we even missed our free breakfast. Shania and I got ready; we brushed our teeth and got dressed. Since we weren't hungry yet, I thought of an idea; to drive our new car that we hired for a test run. Shania thought that we should go to one of the tourist attractions, it took us a while to think of one but we finally thought of one, the Wan Chai markets, since we both absolutely love shopping. The Wan Chai market is only a 7 minute drive from the hotel. Shania started the car and drove their, when we reached our destination, we parked our car and got out of it.

The Wan Chai market was not very big compared to the other buildings next to it, however it looked great. Even without going in we could tell there were a lot of people from the noise they were making and how populated it was. We went into the shops and a person working there gave us a map of the whole market. The market had different varieties that we could buy from. They had a variety of clothes and sunglasses from jewellery to well-designed furniture; it had everything you could imagine in just a small building.

We both decided to go to the clothes section, Shania and I only wanted to buy some summer short dresses. I picked 3 of them; one was light purple with a fashionable black belt, the other one was a bright red one and the last one was a coloured leopard print dress. Shania bought 4 dresses: 2 of them were coloured dresses, one of them has a long, silver necklace attached to it, the other one has additional bracelets. The other two were coloured leopard print dresses.

When we were finished with buying our dresses we went to the cosmetics department and we each bought, 2 mascaras, 2 sets of foundation, a blush, some false lashes, 3 different types of coloured eye shadow, and 2 eyeliners, I bought a black eyeliner while Shania bought a brown one. When we were satisfied Shania and I went to the counter. The price for my stuff was $256 ($2104.30 in HKD) while Shania's price was $263 ($2161 in HKD).

When we were finally hungry we went to one of the little restaurants to eat. I ordered spaghetti and a glass of orange juice and Shania ordered lasagne and a glass of water. The total price was $30 ($246.60 in HKD), Mine was $16 ($131.50 in HKD) while Shania’s cost $14 ($115.10 in HKD), we paid for our own food. When we were finally finished we decided to go home and hang around and talk in our room all day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb