My Holiday To Hong Kong:)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
March 22nd 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I left Perth on the 10th of September at 12:00am with my best friend, Shania Branigan, we stayed on the plane for 9 hours and then arrived to Wan Chai in Hong Kong at 9:00am.

We hired a taxi to the Cosmopolitan Hotel, where we will be staying for the rest of our holidays. I went in, and went to the front desk and let them check us in, we paid $1409 ($11581 in HKD). A group of people went to us and welcomed us, took our suitcases and showed us to our room. It was beautiful, the shining lights, the bright green plants and the amazing view over the city. The room was very neat. After the group of people left they told us that they will give us a tour around the hotel in 20 minutes time, they even showed us this button on the wall, that if you press it, one of the staff members will come to you. We decided to unpack all of our stuff in the suitcase and put them in the desired spot we wanted. After we finished, we went and lay down on the bed. The bed was really comfortable; we talked for about 10 minutes, the room felt like home. We heard a knock on the door, i opened it and we saw one of the members, she asked us if we wanted a tour. Shania got up and said yes so we decided to go.

After the tour was finished a man went up to us and gave us the keys for the car that we hired. We thanked him politely and he went. It was already 6:10pm, guess the time flies by when your having fun. After our long tour we decided that we should eat because we were obviously hungry. We went to the restaurant that the hotel provided. In the restaurant, it looked magnificent; all the people were enjoying their food and talking happily to each other. When we asked for a table for 2 people, a woman came to us and showed us our seats. She gave us the order sheet.

I decided to have rice with curry chicken and chrysanthemum tea, Shania had the same because she wanted to try something different. The food was ready in 5 minutes which I actually thought was very fast. When I tasted the rice with curry chicken, it tasted really nice, one of the best meals i've eaten in years, the spices was perfect, not too mild. Shania had the same reaction as me, we kept eating and eating, we were too hungry to even speak to each other. When we were finished eating we talked about where and what we would eat tomorrow. We drank all of our tea, which was sweet but very nice. After we finished our food and was ready to go, a lady gave us the bill. It costs $20 ($164.40 in HKD) for each of us; Shania had a surprised look as she thought it was very cheap. We gave the money to the front desk and they gave us each a fortune cookie.

I was too tired to open it and read it so we just walked to our room and opened it and went to our bed and had a great sleep, thinking that our holiday was great so far!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb