Hong Kong Days 3 and 4


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
October 23rd 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a very disturbed night - that is all we are going to say - we eventually got out of bed at 12 noon which was a real shame l as we had such a lot of things we wanted to do. We decided the take it really easy as l did not feel able to venture very far.

We spent the afternoon trying to complete a couple geocaches. This proved quite difficult as the huge skyscrapers made it almost impossible to get a consistent signal. We did manage one but the second was impossible as the bearings kept changing.

Turning to our last day in Hong Kong. Because we were not flying until the late evening we decided we should make every last second of our stay in Hong Kong. By the way Nancy kept asking me how long the next flight to Sydney was, but l was very very evasive as she might have killed me if l came out with the actual length. I just kept stating the positive, that it was not as long as the flight from London to Hong Kong. It wasn’t but not by much!!!

The highlight of the stay here in Hong Kong has to be the trip to top of the Victoria Peak. The views from the summit have to seen to be believed. It is absolutely brilliant. The sheer vista makes takes your breath away and Nancy tells me it deserves a 3 wow mark. Getting to the top is wow enough on the Victoria tramway but the Peak is amazing.

By this stage of the day, about 2 pm we were ready to start eating again and how we deserved it. We have never eaten in a restaurant with such a magnificent view. When l have written this l will attempt to attach some photgraphs to the blog. Even Nancy agreed to have her photograph taken which is amazing. I would you to think perhaps of some of the Chinese restarants we have all been in then try and recall if the pictures on the wall are of Hong Kong or the English translation of Fragrant Harbour. The pictures do not do the view justice, this view is brilliant.

Before we leave Hong Kong we would like to make comments and opinion on our stay here. Hong Kong is very claustrophobic, very vibrant and industrious. Its people, and unbelievably there so many of them, are on the whole very welcoming and appear to have so much energy and enterprise. The place is teeming with people and is a place l could not see myself, in a thousand years, living. We feel extremely lucky to have the opportunity to visit Hong Kong but do not think we would visit again as three days we consider are enough.

Can we just say something about our departure from Hong Kong airport. The airport, compared with Terminal 5 at London Heathrow, has been very well designed, brilliantly constructed, is very user friendly and is extremely easy to get to, after you manage to escape the congestion of the city. The bridges on the way to the airport already constructed and those on the verge of been finished are very futurustic. Anyway onto Sydney.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb