Hong Kong Day 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
October 19th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody.

Woke up today after a good night's sleep - aided by of course - a good evening the night before. We know that we do go on a lot about our drinking habits but what else this there to do - and tell you about.

Anyway l woke up and opened the window to our first view of Hong Kong. The view was of a lot of very high rise buildings and a group of local Chinese doing their Tai Chi excercises down below. It was really relaxing to watch but that was as far it went.

Today we had organised an excursion. There was no time for breakfast as we had to at a different hotel for 8.15.

By the by - did you know that all tour guides in Hong Kong are called Ricky and all drivers are called Bill. An interesting fact but true. Apparently it is easier this way that trying to explain their Chinese names.

Among the places we visited on the tour included the Wongtasiin Temple which is apparently the largest Taoist temple in Hong Kong. I dont know a thing about Taoism but is was fascinating place to see and visit.

Because this a Saturday it was was extremely busy. Apparently it is visited by 3 million people a year - it was a pity that they all came today. We also went to your typical village market in the New Territories that sells everything. The sounds and smells were amazing - but absolutely amazing. We went to places on the tour but too numerous to mention - and we not wish to bore you all.

One fasinating thing that came out of the tour today involved one our tour group. Apparently one the female guests had come on a round the world tour and left her husband at home to look after her cat. I am not sure...

After the tour we went back to the hotel where we had started to find some lunch. You would not believe how difficult it is find somewhere to eat on a busy Saturday lunchtime in downtour Hong Kong. We walked for ages through very crowded streets before we got desperate and ended up in a Sushi bar. Yes l know we don't like Sushi but we were getting desperate. Although it was a Sushi bar they did offer other things. Nancy and l ended up with some again very interesting meals. It was supposed to be BBQ but we are sure it had never seen a BBQ in its life. Without going into detail - we did come to serious regret this choice of meal - but much more of this later. We just wont give you the details.



Advertisement



19th October 2008

Travel Radio Show Interview
Hello, you are in one of my favorite places in the world. I'd like to know a little more about your adventure and consider having you on our show to discuss it. Please visit www.traveln-on.com to obtain our contact information so that we can arrange a time to chat about a possible interview.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb