Trabzon and Batumi


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 1:


So, I leave for Heathrow at ridiculous O'clock in the morning. After 3 and a half hours and sleeping through the inflight meal (grrrrr!!!) i arrive at Istanbul airport and join the monster que visas.
Eventuly i get to Trabzon and have my now broken bag (grrr!!!) searched by customs.

I find the place i want to stay. Which is a catholic guesthouse attached to a church. It's a very nice place and the owner is aswelll, its technically free but they ask you to make a donation to the church (which i do).

As I'm pretty knackerd after the flight i decide to go for a quick wander before bed.
I get some yummy turkish ice cream and have a wander along the sea front before dinner.
I didn't realize before how muslim a country turkey is.
For dinner i go to a proper turkish kebab shop. It was amazing and puts the English ones to shame! So, to bed at 9pm for a bright and early start.

Day 2:


I over slept today getting up at 10am because the mosque opposite get blarring out loud singing every couple of hours.
I got to the otogar (bus station) to catch a bus to Hopa. The costal road is pretty and makes the 3 hours fly by. I change to a rickty mini bus at Hopa for a the boader town of Sarp.
Quickly across the border and now im in Georgia (intrestingly the only other country in the world to celebrate St Georges day)
Theres a stark differance between the buldings here than in Turkey, everything looks older and the paint is peeling. I check into my hotel (not a par on last nights) and go to buy an overnight train ticket to Tbilisi for tomorrow night. A little wonder along the sea front in the drizzle that is now falling and i decide to go find an internet cafe. So tomorrow explore Batumi a bit more than the overnight train to Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.



Craig



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

BeachBeach
Beach

my first beach, what a cracker
SatueSatue
Satue

nice dolphin


19th June 2007

Hey Craig, first comment, woop! Hope things are going ok, looks brill so far. Stay safe, we're all thinking about you, Love Ema, Fi, Jez and Dan (not Sam cos he's in bed)
19th June 2007

Yes it was a ridiculous time in the morning ! How can you judge a Kebab without the ten pints of warm british beer beofre hand. cheers Fletch
20th June 2007

Spellings
Leachy, Glad you're having a cool time. Shame about your spellings - lol! Carry on with your amusing blog - very interesting.
21st June 2007

Turkey/Georgia
Great photos. Keep up the good work. Hope you've got some big boxes of Turkish Delight for us.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb