Putuo Mountain – Buddhist Sacred Land Superlative China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
July 12th 2017
Published: July 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Putuo Mountain in Zhejiang is known as one of the four great Buddhist paintings in China including Shanxi, Myshan, and Anhui.

From the city of Hangzhou, tourists take the highway 92 through the city of Ningbo, then through a ferry to Putuo Mountain with a journey about 260 km, and it takes about 4 hours . This is a small island with an area of 13 km2, known as one of the most majestic scenery located at the mouth of Qiantang River, the highest point is Buddha Mount, 282 m above sea level.

On the island there is a 33-meter bronze statue of Quan Yin, visitors can admire from many places. The statue has 2 floors, the lower floor has 4 bronze reliefs with the story of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, the upper level has 500 Quan Yin statues each looks different. According to the guide, on 29/9 lunar calendar in 1997, the ceremony of bronze Quan Yin statue was held. At the ceremony, in the thick dark clouds, rainy sky. When the monk declared the opening of the image of the Buddha, suddenly the cloud disappeared, the sun shined rightly.

The left side of the statue of Quan Yin is the first monastery on the island. Visitors to this place are often told about the story of a Japanese Zen master to the Wuyishan religion. When returning home, Zen master procession of the Buddha statue, but when passing through Putuo Mountain thunderstorms emerged. Until he prayed, the storm disappeared and things were quiet. The Zen master chose this place to build the monastery.

The pagoda is a population of buildings with backrest, lying on the beach. Along the corridor of the pagoda by the sea, there are statues of stone statues in various shapes. The whole of Putuo Mountain is divided into 9 areas, in which the South Putuo Temple area is the largest. Many visitors say that this is the best place to pray for love. On the photo is the entrance to the pagoda. The distance between the temples is not too far, visitors can walk (more than 1 km) or wait for free bus.

South Putuo Temple is a place that regularly performs Buddhist activities, where incense is always prosperous, and the temple was built according to the mountain figure. There is a lake, a large yard and this is one of the 12 best sceneries in Putuo mountain.

Not only drop coins at the temples in the pagoda, Chinese people also have a touching hand on the mascot and go round. Therefore, the body of the incense burner is usually smooth, shiny.

There are 8 great temples in the temple, the Quan Yin (prayers for peace), Manjushri

Bodhisattva (pray for education, wisdom), Samantabhadra Bodhisattva (pray for work) Amitābha Buddha, Shakyamuni Buddha, Bhaisajyaguru - Medicine Buddha (pray for peace), Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva (pray for adults in the house and the dead), Mahākāśyapa

Bodhisattva (pray for wealth), and Maitreya (pray for peace).

On the island there are very few hotels, mainly homestay guesthouses for visitors and pilgrims. The people here serve meal for guests in need. According to the experience of the visitors, the price of food and drinks here are often higher than the mainland, so you should ask the price before buying.

Useful Links: Bagan Travel · Bagan Adventure Tours · http://bagandaytours.com/bagan-tours/mount-popa-day-trip-full-day-discover-mt-popa-and-salay/


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb