Wuzhen / Xitang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Xitang
November 17th 2007
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wuzhen and Xitang, both are the water towns from Zhejiang province, but Wuzhen is so much commercial for me, so I will basically tell the story about the Xitang.
Xitang is a small old water town of Zhejiang, probably the Zhejiang and Jiangsu province have a lot of water resource so there are so much old water towns, and the Xitang is the water town had the more "feeling" of the old town in my opinion, they preserved well the place, there is still living the people, normally old ones, there is a entrance charge to pay, but it is not necessary, the town is not walled, and you can find a lot of the free ways to get in, that is what the local people do too.
Xitang also was the scene of the movies Mission Impossible 3 of the Tom Cruise, it is very funny when you are walking in the Xitang, you can see the Tom's pictures in so much stores and houses there, even that they still maintained the simplicity of the small old water town. There are so many delicious foods in the Xitang, sweeties, Hundun, Tofu, pork's foot, typical Chinese food, and handcrafts.
Another beautiful scene there is the night scene, the smooth light around the river is very romantics, so I suggest to stay a night in the Xitang town, there a lot of local house to rent for a good price, and they will help you to get in the Xitang without entrance fee.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb