Wuxi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
November 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wuxi, one of the biggest city from Jiangsu province, at side of Tai lake, the biggest lake from east of China, and the main sights of there are Tai lake park and Lingshan Buddha.
The Tai lake park is a huge park, there is a lot of stuff to pray and to make wishes, like lockers to lock your wishes, candles for praying and some status of Buddhas. There is a very interesting situation in China, after the Culture Revolution , theoretically the Chinese people shouldn't have superstition anymore, but it is not true, you still can see a lot of the superstition stuffs there in so many places in the China, the most of Chinese people have no such believes and faith now, and the money is one of them, although China is a communism but indeed it is a real capitalism inside the country.
The Lingshan Buddha, made by bronze and it have 88 meters of height, that is really a big Buddha, there is another small Buddha on the way to the big one, the small was made as model first and then they built the big one. The hands gesture of Buddha, the right palm pointing to the sky means "avoiding the suffering" and the left palm pointing to the ground means "bringing the happiness", for who really interested in the Buddhism, that is a place worth to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb