My China Experience, Ningbo Style


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Ningbo
September 18th 2017
Published: September 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

China’s development has been remarkable. Not only has the country’s economic progress lifted countless people out of poverty, but also positively influenced global economic growth. But it’s not just these feats that have attracted me to China. It is the cultural heritage that brought me specifically to China andfinding the right balance has led me to Ningbo.



Ningbo delights its visitors, especially walking through the city on a pleasant evening. The different neighborhood and unique lighting bring a sense of modernization through its heritage. Despite this Ningbo is not like Hangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing and other congested cities. The leisure lifestyle of Ningbo is a hallmark of the city.



Ningbo’s Skyscrapers are not overbearing on the traditional charming features of the city. Dongqian Lake, Ningbo Library, Cicheng and many parks in Ningbo maintain a slow and layered lifestyle.



I often visit the Drum-tower, which is an architectural masterpiece. The city center is full of cultural sites like Tianyi Pavilian, Tianyi Square, the City Temple, the Old Bund and they’re all located within a few blocks. The city is perfect for a day or weekend out.



I’ve been to Hangzhou’s West Lake, but the quiet of Dongqian Lake is more enjoyable to me. Also, you can’t forget the Ashoka Temple, Tianyi Court and sites that demonstrate Ningbo’s abundance in history. There is no better balance of old and new than Ningbo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb