Ningbo and Hangzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou
March 29th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.0754, 120.177

Today we were up early as again Clint was excited to be visiting Mr Tong's factories, so we were picked up then we went shopping to the phone shop as we now had Cookie as our bargaining lady, we bought a few Apple products then left the city area and headed to the first factory which was where they make Plastic curtain parts, then next we had some lunch to share and next was the Tape Factory where Curtain Tapes were produced, one of which is our wave tape( Remfold ). I certainly wouldn't like to re-thread this machine if the thread broke, hundreds of clear threads on this machine.
Next was where metal rods and finials are produced, this place was massive with lots of workers having their tea break at 4.30pm re starting work at 5pm till 8.30pm on Saturday night!!
We left there and then went to a Resin Finial Factory, after driving for a while, had a look at some unusual finials and wall mounted fancy brackets, then left to head back to the plastic factory as they were remodifying one of the dies. By this time it was 9.15pm as we stopped to get something to eat along the way.
We stayed until about 11pm as there was still problems with the die, and everyone was frustrated as to why the part isn't right.
We still had 80kms until we got back to hotel so it was a very late night indeed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th March 2014

Like a kid in a candy store.
30th March 2014

Doctor Doctor.
31st March 2014

Actually Clint, I have to agree it is pretty cool. Such amazing technology... sadly poor working conditions for the workers... :-(

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb