Leaving Ningbo and Shanghai for Adelaide


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Ningbo
March 30th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.8693, 121.557

Today we were up at 6am after going to bed at 2am !! Oh well....you only live once!!!
So an early breakfast the we walked about 6 blocks to a market area but we were too early so we wandered until some shops opened, again we were taken by a man down some alley ways for bargain shopping, not like Shanghai where there were lots of these sellers, but he only took us to 1 shop and it was mainly men's stuff, small shop too. We went back to the markets and with limited time, we split up and wandered separately. I found some clothes for the girls, hopefully they will like what I bought. Back to the hotel to do our final packing, we then waited to be picked up by Cookie and Mr Tong so we could all go to Shanghai, as we were flying out from Pudong International Airport and they were going to Shanghai for business.
After close to 300 Kms and close to 3 hours drive, we arrived safely in time for our flight. There are many tolls on Chinese roads, but can understand by the amount of road building we saw. Roads and bridges going for miles and non stop building. Once we got closer to the sea, we then crossed the sea on a 35km long 3 lanes each way of expressway, something you don't normally see!! It took 5 years to complete but also at halfway, there was a observation tower and a massive Hotel too, built in the middle of the ocean!! Unreal
Finally made it to the airport to a massive traffic jam at the drop off point so we hopped out where we were and said our goodbyes to Cookie and Mr Tong and headed into the airport and after checking in our bags, we hit the souvenir shops to use up the last of our money.
Shanghai to Singapore flight was good, the start of our journey back home, very happy to have flown Singapore Airlines, very comfortable!
Arrived in Singapore at 10.40 pm and got some duty free perfume with our $80 vouchers compliments of Singapore Airlines, and then on to our next flight at 11.55pm.looking forward to getting home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



31st March 2014

Wow... that's pretty cool...

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb