Hangzhou (Part 5 of 13 Days Tour)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Entrance to FeiLai PeakEntrance to FeiLai PeakEntrance to FeiLai Peak

This is the entrance to FeiLai Peak and the famous Lingyin Temple.
Hangzhou (Part 5 of 13 Days tour)

The last stop of this trip was 3 days in Hangzhou city which is 2 hours away from Huangshan city. This destination was not in our travel plan. We ended up there because of flight delays at Huangshan. The 3 days in Hangzhou was basically to wait for flight out of the city.

Hangzhou is the province capital of Zhejiang province and one of the 8 ancient capitals of China. Besides the historical attractions, the city is also famous for its silk and longjing green tea.The key attractions are within the city and there are plenty of taxis to bring visitors around.

Our first stop was to FeiLai Peak which has Buddhism theme stone sculptures dating from the 10th place to 14th centuries craved onto the rocks in the peak.

Next, we took a taxi to West Lake. The driver who was trying very eager to bring us to shops selling silk and green tea but we said no to all his offers. West Lake just so beautiful with those willow trees along the pavements and Chinese bridges.

We took a stroll from the West Lake to the Mausoleum
Buddhism SculpturesBuddhism SculpturesBuddhism Sculptures

This is one of the many sculptures on the rocks in the peak.
of General Yue Fei which tells the story of this patriotic Chinese general who defended Southern Song dynasty China from the invading Jurchen Jin Dynasty from Manchuria. While he was successful in the defence of the country, false charges of treason made against him by.

The other entries about this trip can be accessed from here:-

Nanchang and Longhu Shan (Part 1 of 13 Days Tour)


Lushan and Jingdezhen (Part 2 of 13 Days Tour)


Wuyuan and Sanqing Shan (Part 3 of 13 Days Tour)


Huangshan and Ancient Villages Xidi and Hongchun (Part 4 of 13 Days Tour)




Note: The contents (text and photos) of this article remain the copyright of the Author, Jenny. Under no circumstances should the photos or text be used without the express written permission of the Author. Please contact the Author by leaving a message if you wish to use or publish photos or text from this article.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Buddhism SculpturesBuddhism Sculptures
Buddhism Sculptures

This is one of the more famous and popular Buddha sculpture.
West LakeWest Lake
West Lake

Willow tress along the water edge at West Lake
Mausoleum of General Yue Fei Mausoleum of General Yue Fei
Mausoleum of General Yue Fei

These are the 4 chinese caracters that had been tattooed on the back of the General by his mother to remind him to serve the country with loyalty.
Mausoleum of General Yue FeiMausoleum of General Yue Fei
Mausoleum of General Yue Fei

Statue of General Yue Fei.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb