Nanmei Lahu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
April 21st 2013
Published: April 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Nanmei is one of the place which I had plan to visit for a long time in Lincang region, since I was in the area this moment, so I went there on a market day to check oyt the Lahu. although not more than 40km from Lincang, but only one bus/day for the journey, and with a rather unreliable schedule, it really take time and patient for the trip. Nanmie was kind of like my expreience in Bada(further down from Siding) in Menghai region, kind of end of the road and not much choice for lodging, here in Nanmei...the only accomodation...the offered you shit and want gold for return! Anyways...the colourful Lahu's costume are the best reward for the unpleasant condition in Nanmei. surprised to see so many women still wearing costume, even some young woman and kids. light blue and yellow are the main tone of their dress, heavy long sleeve jacket, knee lenght trouser with thick back-apron, all women wearing legging and big round earring! Not much to write about the Nanmei town, if one could afford to hire a car for the market from Lincang that would be better for a market day trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb