Fengyandong village


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
May 9th 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got an unschedule day in hand before festival, so...we decided Majie market and the Fengyandong village for the day, kind of one stone for two birds! Majie is about 50km from Funing, the market was busy in the middle of the town, Zhuang and Miao filled up the whole market scene. The village of Fengyandong is about 16km from Majie. why we wanted to visit this village? said it was the last cave village exist in China, of course now no one live inside the cave, but before the year 1999 there were still 60 families encaved inside there, then the local government relocated them out to the nearby township together with 10000 yuan compensation per family. now you could still see the buildings inside the cave with the abandoned school stood right at the entrance. it was a huge cave with many impressive stalactites and infected with swallows. In the old day one could only reach the cave by walk, but since last year a new dirt road had been laid, and on market day you could find minibus run to the cave area. now villagers sprayed the surrounding with houses again just right outside the cave, what I couldn't understand was...the local government paid them money to relocated somewhere and now they all came back to live here, then why not inside the cave where it was actually more cooler and comfortable. one of the local said the cave will turn into a tourist site in the future, no wondered there is a temperately locked door and some concrete path had been laid inside the cave now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb