Mouding area


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Chuxiong
May 6th 2011
Published: May 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The biggest news for last week should be the dead of Bin Laden, kind of wried feeling when heard Obama spoke about the killing, the attacked, the death...from the mouth of the Nobel peace winner with a smiling face, just feel strange! Anyway...the news didn't raise much eyebrow for the people in this part of China, here perhaps they were more concern about the price of the vegetable, many places in China where vegetable is in full bloom but no one want it. "it will cost me more if I hire someone to harvest the cabbage" a farmed said to the reporter, the result was he brough in a bulldozer to crush all the vegetable in the field! I will blame it to our classic and standard Chinese mind..."the Greed". when something is good for sale and hot in the market, everyone will go for it, even it was already too much, they wouldn't settle for just enough! so...that was what happened this year for many of the vegetable. just wasted it. but was wondered...why not send it all to Japan? they were so worried about their food had been contaminated by neuclear radiation. I am sure the Jap will be more than happy to have all these.
after Yaoan, I stopped in Mouding before heading down to Wenshan area for my another festival tour. Mouding is bore! not much you could do. of course I went check out some market, which should be in potential to see minority costume, as they said there will be Miao and Yi. but...nothing happened like I thought. Jiangpo, Maojie, Panmao and the Mouding market, there were couple of Yi, same costume like those in Yaoan area, and the number was small here, rather quiet in market as it was wheat harvest season. I did know about the market starting time is rather late in Chuxiong region from past experience, but in Mouding sure they will made the record. well after 3pm and market still not really in action. and like I always said, market without food scene are bad, and that was what the market like in Muoding area, the spirit was missing. Muoding....a big disappointment!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb