Fengqing area


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
March 24th 2011
Published: March 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not only natural disaster eroding our environment, the so-call human being add fuel into fire. the allied began to bombed Libya, which I thought should be happened earlier, only the unexpected earthquake in Japan stole the heat from Kadaffi. but after the human being super LOGICAL analysing mind of the leaders in powerful countries whose after their own interests, "we should act now"...from their conference room I could hear it I guess. could be another never ending confrontation...another Iraq!!!
Left Wumulong I went to Fengqing, through the big mountain full of terrace fields with lovely scene. Fengqing said to had a long history with its geographical location on the tea trading route, but the town at first sight seem like a totally new city, only a small number of old houses scattering around the Wenmiao Temple in the center of town. Actually the town was prosperity after the introduction of "DianHong", the Fengqing red-tea got good comments from aboard and is the best export item ever since from the year 1938 when Dian-Hong came to the market. It had became one of the favorite brand for the Queen in England. I heard the Lipton is using the tea from Fengqing too. I brough a bag of home made red-tea in a small market and the taste was lovely.
Over 2 valleys and crossed the raisen(because of a dam)Lancang river through its brand new bridge I arrived Lushizhen village, it was one of the prosperious village along the Shun-Xia Route, the route between Shunning(Fengqing) and Xiaguan(Dali), and from there up further to Lijiang and into Tibetan area. Lushizhen had a nickname "mini-Shanghai", and one could imagine how it would be like in the old day, as today you could still see some old mansions(although quite run-down) with beautiful window frame and engraved lintel. The main Louti Street still got the atmosphere of an old village which run all the way through the village center into the Sifangjie where the old theater house stood. With modernisation came and road being built, Lushizhen falling back into a farming village with quiet life, and you couldn't able to made any connection with tea anymore.
I had tried 2 local snack, one was the babajuan, an craspy roll with pea-paste, spicy and the usual staffs, traditionally there should be stuffed with crispy rice cake, but now it was soft rice cake, I had never taste the traditional one but read it from information, so no idea what would be the favour, but I would love the crispy feeling in every bite of it! another snack was the fermentized tufo, it was just lovely like cheese, as good as some of the best tofu in Yuanyang! I tried them during market day in Lushizhen, market was small without any costume scene, but they said there are Yi, only"they dress like Han now"!
another market I attended was Yunxian, the sister city of Fengqing, only 26km to the south, another new town without any character, an men made river seperated the town into 2 parts, and it was even bigger and busier than Fengqing. the market held on the north side of the river and again...without any costume scene, and again...I could vision the Yi within all the market goers!

shiiitttttt......I just feel my chair moving!!! and then I heard the news said Burma and thailand just had an earthquake.
what happened to this earth......


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb