Tengchong express


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
August 13th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

226! "is it really 226 yuan? "I asked in front of the ticket counter. Caught up with P in Kunming and we decided to do the Baoshan area together. and 226 was by far the highest bus fare I had paid since traveling in Yunnan. Bus left at 9am and we expected to be in Tengcong by 8 tonight. Jesus! another 11 hrs right after my trip down here from YY. A big bus and we were seat almost to the last row, most of them look business people to me, together with a tour group, we started off under the blasting of a Chinese movie from the onboard TV. A boring trip speeding on a highway, I was in between sleeping and half asleep. Weather forecasting said there will be thunder rain today and we did caught up with the dark sky along the road. After 5 hrs we passed Dali and carried on westward, but no more than 10km we was halted, already a line of vehicles in front of us, "landslide up ahead" our driver said, very usual in these day, but then we wait and wait, 2 hrs gone and people said there was a 1000kg rock rolled down from hilltop, and blocked the road, together with couple of landslide up there, "there was no chance for go through today"said a policeman. So we all agree to drove back to Dali where at least we could find a place to sleep instead of sit through the night by the road side. So we end up staying in Dali old town unexpectedly.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb