Pandas are cool


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
October 29th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
since last entry we have spent a lot of time in the bus and a lot of time being tired, dirty and cranky but things are now looking up. We are in chengdu which has 4 million people, good showers and things other than yaks to see (and eat) (although yak does taste very good).
We have come down from the Tibetan Plateau - much warmer down here - it snowed on us up there.

I promised to tell you about the Tibetan dress - long thick coats with the arms tied around the waist during the day and a thick leather belt with huge silver studs holding everything together. We have lots of photos. Thick silver earrings, turqoise and red coral necklaces. Long strait black plaited hair and, beautiful dark skin and pink++ cheeks (wind burn). Babies get tied to the back of the women.

We had a home stay in a village which was very cool. Gorgeous traditional house and courtyard where the pigs, dog and cows sleep. No water or toilet though. Tibetan people have all been lovely - very kind and helpful.

A few days ago did a horse ride into a valley in songpan - very peaceful and beautiful.

Learned how to make momos - yak meat dumplings.

we saw pandas yesterday - lots of them including babies - very cool. and had a fake meat vegan meal at a temple - vegetarian prawns and everything.

On a plane to Guilin in half an hour.

Seeyou

M and C





Advertisement



30th October 2006

Hi Megan sounds like you're having fun... am going to pottery tomorrow so will take copies of your blog... take care Bronwyn
1st November 2006

Message from Dad
Just worked this Blog caper out! Great to see you are having a good time - take care XxDAD
11th December 2006

OH MY GOD
I can't believe you actually saw a panda - way cool! Are they as cute for real as in the flesh?

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb