Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
March 22nd 2013
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.6534, 104.075

Isaac is very contented with the constant entertainment and attention. He loves the noise and the crowds! He finds the constant cooing and cuddling very pleasing which is a good job considering he's now been passed around to about 30 people! Just hoping he's still too young to develop little emperor syndrome! With our new found baby eyes, we've discovered that the famous fan dancing squares are also the place to be seen with a baby especially between 4-6pm. Isaac met his 'yeye' for the first time and gave him a big dragon kiss!
I remain as fond of chengdu as ever! You still can't get a taxi or breathe through the pollution! This time, to add to the city's many accolades, you now can't seem to get a room for under 180rmb. So far we have stayed in two hostels - traffic inn and flip flop lounge. Both ok with friendly staff and bars but definitely not worth the money. Most surprising is that most of the fellow travellers are actually chinese! Travelling has really taken off in china alongside a rather unlikely obsession for sending postcards! Enjoying eating chinese food again. So far, I'm particularly fond of Yu Xiang ruo si. We ate some delicious snacks watching the world go by on jingli street. This place is much better than we remembered. Isaac loved trying to pull people's wish sachets off the wishing tree!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Taking the birds for a walkTaking the birds for a walk
Taking the birds for a walk

What a typical chinese scene we thought until we realised the chirping birds were actually plastic!!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb