Reflections of the first week


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 3rd 2017
Published: June 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

A week ago, we had excitement and nerves at the airport in Cairns - and a few tears on departure. On arrival in Hong Kong there were exclamations of "We're in Hong Kong!", "We've left Australia!" and "I actually can't believe I'm here!"

Another flight and a long, long wait at the airport in Chengdu. A night spent in a hotel before making our way to the school to meet home stay hosts.

A four-day holiday, celebrating Dragon Boat Festival (a lunar festival) brought back the tears for some as homesickness spread its tentacles over a few.

The first day of school and all was smiles again.

Every morning since, there is a cheerful chorus of 'Good morning', 'Ni hao', or ' Zao shang hao' before a quick catch up and then heading off to begin the day full of interesting new adventures: Conic Sections, Chinese History, Painting, Calligraphy, Music and Sport electives, as well as PE and Cleaning.

Happy people with beaming faces left the school every day to return again the next day with more stories to tell.



Arlene.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb