Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
September 21st 2006
Published: September 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

21/9 - The first day in Chengdu (after 10 hours journey from Jiozhaigu in a bus(100Y)) we couldn't get a room at the Mix Guest house which is very nice. so after making reservation for the next day, we found our self in a sheety youth hostel very close to the mix(70Y for a double - very nice and cozy).

22/9 - Rosh Hashana, we took a day off and just relaxed and hung around the hostel and the city. In the evening we got around along with other 13 Israelis at a local Pizza restaurant called "High Fly", and celebrated Rosh Hashana eves with Apples Honey and pomegranates (Rimonim).

23/9 - Pandas park: we took a cab (28Y) to the pandas conservation and reproduction and it was absolutely fun and interesting. those animals are so cute makes you want to take them with you home. The Entree fee to the park is 30Y, and its a must to be there before 0900am cause in those hours the pandas are being fed. very very very nice and recommended.

24/9 - that was a day for shopping with no success for me. Noa went along with 3 other Israelis to a nice Monastery. Then to an old renovated Chinese street, which is also very nice. After that to a nice park, and she saw local Chinese families, hanging out on their Sunday day off in the park. she deserted her day with not very interesting Tibetan street. In the evening we went to eat a local Sichuan dish - the Hot Pot. Nice experience, I was hungry.

25/9 - Leshan Big Buddha. a day trip from chengsdu to see the 71 meters tall craved in the mountain Buddha. A bus from Chengdu's bus station take you for 42Y, 2 Hours journey to Leshan's bus station, and then from there a 2Y minivan for 20 minutes drive to the Buddha's park. The park is very beautiful, and the Buddha's craved statue is very impressive.105Y entrance fee, 55Y for a student.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb