Jiozhaigouh


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 18th 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

18/9 - As we got to Songpen we encountered rainy and foggy weather. so we decided if the next day will be nice we will take the 11:00AM bus to Jiozhaigouh, and so it was.
Jiozhaigouh has a reserve with unbelievable blue and green torques lakes. It is constructed (by nature off-course) from 2 channels merges to one as the letter Y, and during the way from the top 2 channels and down the water pools into never seen before beautiful lakes. The place is so big that 2 days is not enough to cover it by foot.

We got to Jiozhaigouh at noon time, but we didn't want to get in to the reserve cause the day almost ended. (The reserve opens daily from 0700 to 1800, 170Y entree fee,90Y for the bus rides)
In Jiozhaigouh we found a nice Tibetan cabin place for 25Y a person.

19-20 - we went in to the reserve along with other thousands of Chinese. The Chinese Tourist is very violent when he stands in a line waiting for a bus, or when he goes to the buffet at the local restaurant or when he wants to take pictures alone in the important places. He uses the buses most of the time, so it turn out good for us, cause we walked most of the time, so we didn’t have to encountered them most of the time.

The place is amazing, and we walked most of it on a wood deck that was built all the way down the 2 channels, under green trees, and by beautiful silky waterfalls. Highly recommended.

20/9 - After wondering if getting back to Songpan for a horse tracking, I kinnda had enough of nature, and I needed to get back to civilization for a while. It was pretty cold at nights in this area so I wanted to pass it. It was pitty for Noa to miss it, but eventually she agreed to continue to Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb